Monday 7 January 2019

Queen's Guide Update #2

Here is another update of my progress towards completing my Queen's Guide. It's been going slowly since the last update, but I have just bought a house and am still planning the last bits of my wedding too, so that's understandable! You can keep up with what I have done on my Queen's Guide page too. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my readers!

Service in Guiding

Regular Volunteering
We finally got the keys for our new house on Friday and I have put some feelers out into the District I will be moving to. There is a Brownie unit there who will be closing if they don't find a new Leader to take over so I have put my name into the mix as a possibility (although the current Leaders want to leave by Christmas and I won't be moving until April). If I take over that unit, that should quite quickly tick off the 40 hours of volunteering that I need to do!
Residential
I have not looked into this any further yet, as you would have to be absolutely nuts to go camping at this time of year!
Event for 2 Units
I am in the process of organising District Thinking Day 2019. I am going to do a full blog on the trip and all the planning that went into it, after it has happened, but currently I am waiting on numbers and deposits from all the Leaders in the District.
Working Group/Committee
I am still no further forwards with this either.

Outdoor Challenge

Again, this is something which has been put on the back burner for now, it is in my plan for Summer 2020 so I have plenty of time!

Personal Skill

I have been carrying on with my clarinet lessons. I am now up to 16 hours of the 60 I need to complete the clause. I am still finding it quite hard to fit in practice during the week as, when I get in from work, I just want to crash out and do very little! I also missed a few weeks in the run up to Christmas as I was busy one week, my teacher was busy the next, and then I got horrendously ill with a cold (luckily I recovered before Christmas itself). I have still been steadily improving though, and we're starting to get really nitpicky over little things. I am also picking up lots of tips and tricks for nailing rhythms and speeding up playing runs and scales which will help me once I have passed my Grade 8 and can join an orchestra (currently I don't have time in the week for lessons and a group).

Community Action

Hopefully I can start planning this in the New Year, once all the craziness associated with buying a house calms down!

Residential

I'm still waiting on the dates for my fiancé's next Beaver camp and then this one can be ticked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment