Monday 27 July 2015

End of second year party!

16/07/15

This week was the last meeting of the year. We go back at the beginning of September.

This party was organised by two girls who went up to Guides a few weeks back. All the girls came in their pyjamas with a teddy and a pillow. We shut all the curtains and turned out the lights to make it slightly darker (the curtains are pretty thin so it wasn't dangerously dark).

The girls started off by playing some games and the adults spent most of the time making sure they weren't anywhere near the tables of food we had set out. We only had one minor incident when they had a pillow fight and one girl got a bit close to the table and took out a few crisps! They also had a teddy competition where they lined up all the teddies and had a few leaders choose their favourite to win a prize.

When they were done playing the games, we let them loose on the food. I was quite surprised how many girls took fruit (we always make sure we have some but we don't force it on them). We managed to survive this party without having any spillages either, which might be a first!

Once they were done eating, it was time to hand out some badges and the shield (girls gain points for attending meetings and doing badges, then the one with the most keeps the shield for a term) before wishing them a good summer and sending them home.

This year has been quite bitty for me but it's been nice to see the girls when I've had the chance. I have my fingers crossed that next year my timetable will slightly nicer and I'll be able to help at a unit while I'm at university too - I've definitely been missing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment